- 6th Mar, 2017
The Queensland Government has done something to help Small Businesses with their digital technology that we believe all state governments should do. Most complaints small businesses have are usually around taxes and not getting support from their state governments.
Large businesses in the eyes of small business owners seem to get the helping hand and in turn they grow bigger. It seems for them that for some reason small business often appears to fall through the cracks and miss out on the great opportunity that markets have to offer. The Queensland Government has set out to change this cycle and thought by introducing its own way of supporting small businesses digitally.
From a digital footprint standpoint, small businesses typically lack the ability or have a lack in funding to grow and diversify their business in to the digital media realm. We hear all too often about how it costs too much to build a website or web based solution and to maintain it is just not feasible for a small business.
The Queensland Government has released an initiative for small businesses and helping them get their businesses in the following areas:
- Digital Media Content Creation – this includes website design, website development, mobile app development and social media
- Internet Marketing Campaign Creation – this includes creating content for your website, blog posts and digital media branding
The funding scheme of which the government has decided to utilize is really quite simple, you pay half and they pay half. There is a limit as to how much the government pitch in and that limit is currently set at $10,000. There are also a couple of conditions that is imposed on this mutual funding system. The conditions are modest to say the least. The outcome of the work completed must show that the business has significantly increased their digital capabilities and that as a result the business has been able to employ more staff.
Does this sound like a great deal to you? It should! In fact, you are actually getting the opportunity to double your investment in to technology that could change the way your business is seen online. Further to that you are getting the opportunity to get access to more technology that budget constraints would have put on you in the past.
To apply for this your business needs to meet the following conditions:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have Queensland headquarters or significant Queensland-based operations
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
- business needs to be available for a survey on the success of the project 12 months after it is completed.
- Have an annual turnover less than $2 million or less in the past 12 months.
Who can apply for this?
It is a Queensland Government initiative so that means that any Queensland based business should take this unique opportunity today!
How to apply for Queensland Small Business Digital Grant
- Review the Small Business Digital Grant Application
- Review the Small Business Digital Grant Terms and Conditions
- Contact Suncoast Web Solutions today to get your application underway and your Digital Media Project started
Timeframe to submit application for funding: 8th of March, 2017 until 5PM on 10th of April, 2017.
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity, we believe that this will not last much longer as it is now on to its second round!